Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I'm Angus Steakhouse

Steaks are a hungry man's best friend.  And on one fateful day, I found out that steaks are a hungry woman's best friend too.  That was the day that I discovered I'm Angus Steakhouse.


From the outside, it looks like just another steakhouse.  I might even say it looks... too simple.  And honestly, I wasn't expecting much.  But we've passed by one too many times and curiosity got the better of us.  So... instead of passing by again, this time, we went in.


Complimentary Appetizer
Some kinda sausage.  I wasn't paying much attention when the server placed it in front of us (my bad!), but all I can say is, it's pretty good.  Would've asked for seconds but I'm not sure if it's allowed.  Plus, we were preparing for a full meal ahead.

Complimentary Bread
The complimentary bread was ok.  I wanted soft rolls but they didn't have any so I had this instead.    

French Onion Soup
Didn't like the french onion soup too much.  It was lacking in taste and I don't like my onions to be all chopped up.  A bit too watery too.


...and for our mains, we had this:
Sirloin Steak

Ribeye Steak


Okay.  NOW we're talking.  Hubby had the sirloin steak cooked medium and I had the ribeye steak cooked medium well.  Hats off to the chef because they cooked our steaks perfectly.  And what's more, the doneness was all throughout (see picture above).  Meaning, my medium well was medium well on the sides and still medium well at the middle, unlike other restaurants which give you varying doneness on the same piece of steak.  We were both very much impressed.  The steaks were pretty juicy; tender and flavorful too.  Another thing:  I cannot stop raving about their shredded corn!  Simply the best shredded corn I've tasted.  I don't know what technique they use in cooking their corn, but whatever it is, they're doing it right.  It's the juiciest and sweetest corn you'll ever taste.  

The verdict?  I was blown away.  Who would've thought that I'd find a gem somewhere along the simple streets of Yakal?  If money grew on trees, then you'd find me there every single day.  The BEST steakhouse in the Philippines (at least for me!).  5 out of 5 stars!

P.S.  Every Wednesday and Saturday night, I'm Angus Steakhouse offers Prime Rib Night.  For Php 980 net, you get US certified angus prime rib served with salad, sides, and a glass of Argentinean wine.  NOT to be missed.  Wait for my review!

I'm Angus Steakhouse is in 7431 Yakal St. San Antonio, Makati City.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this great post! Hope to see you again at the Angus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Mae! Looking forward to dining at I'm Angus Steakhouse again!

    ReplyDelete